The warm part of the year is often short-lived in Idaho Falls when compared to our long, cold winters. Throughout this time, we love to see the landscape change and come to life again. However, for business owners and homeowners alike, this can bring a certain amount of hassle, as they struggle to control the sudden growth of weeds in their yard, which seemingly come out of nowhere.
Weed control in Idaho Falls often means stopping weeds from emerging in the first place (through the use of preventive herbicides), however, this often slips people’s minds, or they simply don’t have the time to do so.
Fortunately, Simmons Sports & Services provides this weed control, either before or after your weeds have emerged. We will make sure that unsightly and harmful weeds stay off of your property. We’ve had plenty of experience with all of the mean, pesky, and difficult weeds that this area has to offer. Over the years, we’ve seen it all, and there’s nothing we can’t handle with our Idaho Falls weed control services.
- Pre-Emergent Weed Control: This involves preventing weeds and unwanted grasses from germinating in the first place, so the problem is solved before it begins.
- Post-Emergent Weed Control: With this process, we kill weeds on your property with the direct application of an herbicide. We have a variety of herbicides we can apply, depending on what kind of weeds you are dealing with, and the surrounding plant life that you wish to conserve. These herbicides kill weeds by shutting down certain processes the weeds need to survive and grow, such as protein production, photosynthesis, and root growth. This method will eradicate even the most durable and hard to kill weeds.
- Selective Herbicides: These herbicides can target certain kinds of weeds by identifying them by their specific enzymes or plant chemicals.
- Non-Selective Herbicides: These herbicides will kill almost any plant, so we tend to rely on this method for spot treatment only.
- Total Vegetation Herbicides: Not only will these herbicides kill plants, they will also sterilize the ground from which they grew for a certain amount of time.
Common Weeds We Eliminate With Our Idaho Falls Weed Control Services
- Yellow Starthistle: These weeds have stiff, upright stems and yellow flowers. The Yellow Starthistle is a member of the sunflower family, and are very difficult to get rid of. These weeds can stay alive after many other plants have died off for the winter. Horses that eat these plants can develop a chewing disease.
- Eurasian Water-Milfoil: These grow in lakes, ponds, and slow moving rivers. These are slender plants that have feather-like leaves. These are difficult to control because they can reproduce in so many different ways.
- Rush Skeletonweed: Originating from Eurasia, this perennial weed can grow roughly four feet tall, and includes a taproot twice that length. This weed produces yellow flowers early in the summertime, spreading incredibly fast. Just one of these weeds can produce over 20,000 seeds.
If you require Idaho Falls weed control, contact Simmons Sports & Services today!